Thursday, May 26, 2011

Towards Hidden Valley

The Night had started great, the driver increased the acceleration and we were on the move. It was hot in Delhi and I was expecting it to become cooler as the night progress. It feels great when your sitting next to the women you wanna always hangout with, go on a perfect adventure, no restrictions, no drama, no social barrier, a free bird flying to you holding your hand and sitting next to you looking outside the window feeling the breeze. Smile comes automatically.

Once the bus hit the highway the breeze became cooler and we became more relaxed and chilled. I asked her of she was comfortable to which she replied that she is always is. I still can't figure out whats on her mind though! You never know things with girls. There were few more couples in the bus but I don't think so anyone was as adventurous as us. Maybe we both are altogether a different breed. I asked her if she is a traveler or tourist?
Pretty apt was the reply, she said she is in a dilemma about the fact that she is a tourist or traveler. She said "I have been a tourist for 20 odd years but with you I am transforming into a traveler. The travel that we do is different than others." With a little romantic gesture of her hands touching my cheeks she continued saying in a soft voice " with you I have started learning about different places, knowing different people, culture and traditions, sticking to the roots, living among them and offcourse you can't forget that leaving your footprints doesn't help. Every place should be kept untouched for the others to come."

I have always told her that the golden rule of travelling is understanding the place, not to rush things because when you rush you don't experience. If you rush you don't visit the place again. You don't take back good memories. The more experiential the journey the more memories of it. One more thing that I have always believed is to chat with local people, getting local, they are people too, staring at them awkwardly isn't necessary. One shouldn't be doing it. There is always a very, very rarely a good reason to visit a fast food franchise that you know from home. Pick something local and interesting its good, because when you are in Thailand you eat Octopus and other different Thai food and not Alu paratha in some Indian restaurant. I mean whats the point if you havn't tried anything different. Its good to say one should feel like home when they are travelling but not always because if you want that then better stay at home as you are not really travelling.

The Next morning was amazing, half asleep I woke up rubbing my eyes looking out through the window. All I see is greenery and the Sun just rising slowly. We had crossed Haridwar and were about to reach Dehradoon. I did let her sleep and woke her up just before we reached. It was 7 : 30 am when we reached it was pretty tiering in the bus dint get much of a sleep. We washed our face in a dhaba and ordered breakfast. She asked me whats next, I said we are going Purola in Uttarkashi district. She asked whats so special about the place. I replied smilingly Columbus dint know what was in America before he discovered it. I said not to worry about the destination just experience the journey of her lifetime.

After breakfast we went inside the ISBT and took a bus to Purola. Grabbed our seats and started our journey with a smile and anxiety. Pia said " I am excited to know whats in store." I like a vagabond was on my way to adventure. I only know the route, I myself dont know whats in store. Just packed bags and left in search of nirvana via adventure of a lifetime., no worries, no fear, no complains, no communication, lost in the wild, discovering world of our own. All I can say is we are destined towards the Hidden Valley, where the fields are green, Some where out there we must find where we belong, Somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment