Wow, that was the feeling when we were glancing towards few tracks which can be crossed by trekking. Through the window we can see locals take their belongings and walk up to their homes, crossing streams, hills, rocks. For them nothing is difficult. Sometimes I think what motivates them to do so much hardship. Days after days climbing up and down mountains, getting stuck in landslides, living in caves or place where they can hide themselves for the night. They dont have the word tired in their dictionary. Is living in the hills a boon or a curse? Life is so easy and comfortable in the plains still frown in the forehead never goes away. Smiles are the rarest expression that one has to offer to others. But cities have man- made beauty, old cultures which are fading away with the generation x.
Where as in hills life is quiet, life is slow, life is tough. One has reasons of his own to love hills. Some love because of the natural beauty that it has to offer, some for the relaxation, some for the adventure, some for the chillness in the wind, some for the freshness that it provides. I love it because I feel I belong here. I maybe was born to travel, discover, to serve the rural communities, to help them in what so ever possible, sometimes just being guests in their home stays. When I go back I dont forget to promote them. People are unaware about the power of tourism, they need to understand how travel change the people's mind. Make them thoughful, its not always about being on a tour for fun its about discovering something. This is what I feel, This is what I am.
Pia on the other hand is more curious traveller, she just wants to see more and more unique places before she dies. She also wants to travel just because she needs fresh air and days off from the crowded lanes of Delhi. And off course romance is always beautiful in a lonely place than in Delhi.
Thoughts kept coming to my mind until we reached a place where the bus stopped for lunch. We got down and ordered two Thalis. The restaurant or shall I call it Dhaba was not much expensive one. We both stuffed as much we can because we dint knew when will the bus stop again. We did buy some chips and water for the rest of the journey. The weather was becoming cloudy and the wind became colder. I asked Pia if she was feeling cold. She said yes I am feeling a bit cold, it might rain. I said casually it happens we are climbing uphill. I dont think to which she was much convinced as I always try and show I know more than her. Must be annoying when someone try and show he is intelligent or knowledgeable more than you in all spheres. Though I havnt seen her complaining about this. I felt I should stop doing this and listen to her more than usual. This is one habit I havnt developed yet. May be this trip will bond us more. The bus was about to start when I clicked a few shots of the amazing beauty of the Garwal Himalayas. Lonely green hills with stream flowing by amazing twists and turns, cloudy weather hills one after the other lined up as if they are natural walls protecting the wild from the destructive mankind.
Places to hide, caves, slopes, curves,bends are few features of the hills. Nomads, trekkers, and other travelers love staying in these places. The locals who stay there since are ones who have spent the most time in these places, they are original habitats of the these places, they belong here. How difficult they feel migrating to the city leaving all the beauty of nature. They have certain qualities which its hard for city people to have. They have an amazing stamina, speed, energy which you cant even match. They have been born in difficult conditions, survived the hardships. People of the hills are also simple as compared to the ones in cities. Cheers to them.
Pia said to me that she was sleepy now and wants to sleep. I told her to keep her head on my shoulders and sleep. She asked by how much time we will reach, I said we will reach by 3 hours time. Told her that I will wake her up when we will reach Purola. And made her sleep caressing her forehead.
But this dint happen, after a while we reached a point where there was a long line of vehicles waiting because of a land slide.
Oh i really like the whole look of your blog... your photography is so intimate with nature... they are truly so romantic ... celebrating the romance of nature...
ReplyDeleteThank You so Much for appreciating. I am Glad that you are liking it. Will try and keep the level high in future.
ReplyDelete