I saw an array of vehicles ahead of the bus we were in. Tourist vehicles, private cars, buses etc. were all waiting for the road to be remade. I went down the bus while Pia was sleeping there itself on the seat. I asked someone in the crowd, how far is the jam to which he replied its more than a km. I hated it but what to do nature keeps reminding you that don't overload me with human craps and over population. I started taking snaps of the breath taking beauty in front of my eyes. It was good to feel the fresh chilly air that was blowing. I was afraid that we will be late what if we don't get a place to rest at night?
Thoughts kept coming to my mind as I sat down over a rock and clicked. What if the landslide doesn't get over? If we cant cross to the other side to a village or town where we will stay for the night. Caves or mountain tops which one to choose to stay for the night, like the locals who get stuck. I thought this will be an exciting experience but was worried about Pia. I have always wanted staying in a cave, exploring it till we find a dead end. Meghalaya has a lot of unexplored caves may be someday I can explore them. Exploration is fun, the thrill, suspense, risk, darkness, slippery tracks, low ceilings, fear of snakes and other insects etc. Caves are formation takes million years, just imagine you explore one and it becomes World heritage site or a huge tourist destination, everybody will remember your contribution.
All I wished was spending a night with Pia safe, that what my mind was saying but my heart wanted me to stay in a cave and leave in the morning. Make a bonfire inside the cave, take out some stuff from your bag roll a cigarette, lie down and smoke it as if today is the last day. Think about what you wanna do in life, or write something, get lost in the wild, things to do before you die. Life cant be more fun that this. I mean everyday you wake up in your bed the same way with half sleepy eyes, and slangs in your mind. Hate to go work or college, spend the rest of the day the same boring way. Yeah all this is good but lets not make life monotonous, there more things than what you do or have done. You got to explore the wild. Its always Man VS Wild.
I heard people say the jam was over and the bus was about to start, so I climbed into the bus and sat at my seat again, waking Pia. She said what happend and I told that there was landslide and now its over, we are on our way to Purola.
No comments:
Post a Comment